Friday, April 26 • 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Antigua A
Ryo Amano, Ph.D.
Professor at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Storage Consultant at EPRI Electric Power Research Institute
Senior Manager Generation at Portland General Electric Company
Head of Technical Services at The International CCS Knowledge Centre
Director Energy Storage at EON Climate and Renewables
CEO at Geothermal Worldwide, Inc.
- Wind and solar power are not the only renewable resources. There are a lot of other technologies that are also being explored and developed. Three of the more prominent—hydro, geothermal, and biomass—have their own challenges, but they remain vital pieces of the renewable puzzle. Tidal and wave energy are beginning to gain traction and important developments in offshore wind technology could allow more installations in previously untapped, deep ocean waters. Yet, advancements in energy storage technology could be the game-changer. In addition to lithium-ion batteries, block storage, thermal mass, pumped storage, CAES, and ETES are all being widely researched. This session is designed to touch on all of the latest developments in renewable technology.
- Energy Storage (block storage; thermal mass; battery storage; pumped storage; CAES; ETES)
- Tidal/wave technology
- Offshore growth potential
PRESENTATIONS INCLUDED (SPEAKERS LISTED ALPHABETICALLY, NOT IN PRESENTATION ORDER):
- Harnessing Hydro Power
Nikola Lakic, CEO, Geothermal Worldwide, Inc.
- Design of 2nd Generation CCS Facility Facilitates Integration with Renewable
Corwyn Bruce, Head of Technical Services, The International CCS Knowledge Centre
- Brent Jacobs, Engineering Team Leader, The International CCS Knowledge Centre